SMART Board Hardware Overview
- How it works
- Pens & Eraser
- Keyboard & Right-Click
SMART Board Software Overview
- Floating Tools
- Why use them?
- Turning them on and off
- Popular Tools: pen, highlighter, screen shade, spot light, screen capture
- Customizing the tool bar
- Challenge #1
- Notebook software
- Reveal techniques using shapes and screen-shade
- Integrating audio & video into Notebook lessons
- Using the SMART Recorder
- Displaying pages side-by-side and using the push-pin
- Building lessons & activities with the Notebook software
- Challenge #3
SMART Boards and DiLL Software
- Using the SMART Board as a controller
- Playing back student examples
- Creating activities that combine DiLL and the SMART Board
- Challenge #4 - create a SMART Board activity based on something that you are already doing with DiLL. If you are not already using DiLL, create an activity that integrates both that software as well as the SMART Board.
Web-Based Tools for Language Projects
Integrating Student Computers
More from EdTechTeacher
- March 22nd Teaching Foreign Languages with Technology webinar with Erin McCloskey: Explore practical ways to use technology to enhance instruction of the 5 C's framework (Communication, Culture, Community, Connections and Comparisons). Erin McCloskey will pay specific attention to listening, speaking and writing skills.
- June 21-22 Teaching Foreign Languages with Technology summer workshop at Harvard. This is a 2-day, hands-on event led by Erin McCloskey. The workshop will explore innovative ideas, effective techniques, and thoughtful plans for incorporating Web-based resources, social media, and emerging technologies into foreign language classrooms with an eye towards building global awareness, collaboration skills, and critical thinking.
Please take a moment to complete this survey. We value and than you for your feedback.