Welcome & Introductions
Beth Holland - email@example.com
Suzy Brooks - firstname.lastname@example.org
Who are you? Please go to http://pollev.com/bhollandso that we can find out!
See images below for directions.
Part 1 - Getting to know your Mac
Helpful Tips to Start:
- To save your battery, let it drain down all the way and then charge it back up. Try to avoid leaving it plugged in all the time.
- Your power cord works with a magnet that pops out easily. You can also adjust the length of the cords through the "duck head"
- Do NOT turn off your Mac by pressing and holding the power button. This is known as a "hard shutdown". Instead, use the Apple menu.
- You can just close the lid if you want to put your computer to Sleep for a bit.
- To find your files on the server, use the User mount on the desktop.
- Backup your files regularly!
Getting to Know your Mac Challenges
In order to get to know some of the features of the Mac, work through the challenges described in the Google Presentation below.
Part 2 - Working with Apple Programs
What makes a Mac most appealing is the features and capabilities that it provides. In addition to having a built-in microphone and camera, it has fantastic tools for creating dynamic content for and with your students.
Need More help?
Apple provides some great video tutorials.